If you’re like most people, you’ve been using the water pitchers to filter your tap water.
These units have become a standard for many homes since they’re cheap, easy to use, and supply you with safe and great-tasting water.
But the water faucet filters have a HUGE advantage over the water pitcher…while pitcher requires you to fill it whenever it gets empty, you simply fit the faucet filter to your faucet and enjoy a continuous flow of healthy water minus the refilling hassle.
That being said, the PUR Advanced Faucet Water Filter is one of the most popular faucet filters you’d want to try.
In this post, we’ll shed more light on what makes up this filter to help you decide if its suitable for you.
- FAUCET WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM – Enjoy cleaner, filtered water from your faucet with the PUR Faucet Mount Filter System. .It’s easy to attach and includes a MineralClear filter that filters water over natural minerals for a crisp, refreshing taste.
- REDUCES LEAD AND 70+ CONTAMINANTS – This PUR drinking water faucet filtration system is certified to reduce over 70 contaminants, including lead, mercury and certain pesticides. PUR Faucet Filtration systems reduce more contaminants than any other brand.*
- EASY ONE CLICK ATTACHMENT – The faucet mounted water filter is easy to attach, and no tools are required. Compatible with most faucets, but will not work with pull-out or hand-held faucets.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE – Genuine PUR Faucet mount water filters are certified to reduce lead and other harmful contaminants from your water. Compatible water filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same water quality.
- #1 SELLING BRAND IN FAUCET FILTRATION** – Contaminants can enter your water system daily, so filtering your water is important. PUR has been developing innovative technologies for superior water filtration for over 30 years.
Features and Benefits:
Superior Contaminants Removal
One of the key selling points of this PUR water filter is its ability to reduce more than 70 contaminants that are usually found in tap water.
It employs the PUR’s unique MAXION technology which combines activated carbon and ion exchange to ensure maximum water purification. The filter will remove up to 99% of lead, 96% of mercury, chlorine odor and taste, and other contaminants.
Once you attach this filter to your faucet, you can rest assured that it’ll provide you and your cleaner, fresh-tasting water for cooking, drinking, making baby formula, etc.
Easy, One-click Installation
Fitting this faucet in place doesn’t require you to hire a plumber. You also don't need any special skills to set it up.
It comes with a simple, one-click installation design to enable you to easily and quickly put it in place without using a single tool. Likewise, the 1-click installation also makes it easy to remove from your faucet when the replacement time comes or whenever you need extra room in your sink.
The included metal adapters for both external and internal thread faucets make the installation even easier.
Something else that largely contributes to the filter’s ease of installation is 360-degree swivel. This enables the filter to hassle-freely fit in nearly all sinks found in most homes.
On top of it all, it is made to fit in all the standard faucet (it’ll work with both handheld and pull-out faucets).
TIP: The filter comes in 3 color options—chrome, stainless, and stainless steel options—so you can pick one that matches your faucet color for a uniform appearance.
Extended Filter Lifespan
Another fantastic thing about this faucet filter revolves around its long-lasting water filter.
The filter will serve you for around 2-3 months (or it’ll filter a total of 100 gallons of water). This is a longer lifespan than what most of the water pitcher that come with the same cost as this faucet filter will offer you.
And unlike most of the filters out there, PUR has included an LED indicator in this model to help you easily tell when it’s time to replace your filter.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What exactly does the PUR faucet filter remove from tap water?
The manufacturer states that this water filter is certified to remove over 70 contaminants. The most notable ones include 96% of Mercury, 99% of Lead, and 2% of pesticides.
The water that comes out of your tank will not only be healthy but also come with great taste and smell-free.
2. Can I shut the filter off when doing dishes?
Yes, the faucet filter comes with filtered and unfiltered modes (kind of an easy on/off) switch that enables you to switch to unfiltered water when doing dishes.
Needless to say, this bypass switch will help you preserve the life of filter.
3. Does the package come with a filter or you’ll have to buy one separately?
Yes, the complete package comes with a filter included. This means you can start using it as soon as it gets into your hands.
However, you’ll need to replace the filter after 2-3 months of use or after filtering 100 gallons.
The included LED filter status indicator will help you easily tell when it’s time to replace the filter.
4. What is the main difference between the horizontal and vertical models?
There aren’t major differences between the vertical and horizontal models apart from the design. They both work with the same high efficiency when it comes to filtering your water.
If you want to save space on your filter, you might consider getting the horizontal model that will sit horizontally on your sink, saving a significant amount of space.
That’s all you need to know about PUR Advanced Faucet Water Filter before buying it.
Just a quick recap…the filter has been certified to remove up to 96% of Mercury, 99% of Lead, and 2% of pesticides. It uses the PUR’s unique filtering technology which has high water purification efficiency.
Convenient features such as LED filter status indicator, one-click installation, and the on/off filter switch makes the filter easy to use for you.
And unlike most of its competition, the filter easily fits in standard faucets. It comes in several color option so that you can pick one that blends with the rest of your kitchen.
The only thing the manufacturer needs to improve about this faucet is the quality of materials they use to construct it to make a bit more durable and less breakable.
Everything else about the filter is fin, including the fair pricing, and we recommend you to consider it as one of your top faucet filter choices.