Most Campsite And parks provide chlorinated city water for RVs. You can also get water from wells as well. But all of these have a strong smell of chlorine. A filter like premium RV water filter from clearsource, will give you the cleanest water.
The RV filter from clearsource is one of the most authentic filters you can get for your RV. This was even featured in “Essential Equipment For RV Camping” gear guide for TrailerLife Magazine and again in MotorHome Magazine.
The first striking feature of this is the cannisters. It has got 2 filters of 2.5 in * 10 in sizes. The first stage filter is 5 microns and it removes all the water sediments away and the next stage has a 0.5 micron filter that clears sensitive impurities.
It’s a common problem for people with recreational vehicles that they don’t get clean water easily. Rv parks provide well or city water that is merely palatable.
- NEW! INDUSTRY-LEADING 0.2 MICRON PROTECTION. Our two-stage filter now features 0.2-micron protection – better than all other in-line, single or dual canister RV water filter system on the market.
- CLEANER, SAFER WATER THAN OTHER SYSTEMS. Tighter filter pores trap more contaminants. We lead the industry in the size and quality of our filters. Our 5-micron first stage coconut shell carbon block improves taste and removes or reduces sediment, chlorine, VOCs, and other contaminants. Our hospital-grade, absolute-rated 0.2-micron filter removes or reduces bacteria like Legionella and E. Coli, and cysts like Giardia. Compare filter sizes and ratings – nothing beats a Clearsource.
- BULLET-PROOF CONSTRUCTION. We engineered our original Clearsource system from the ground up just for the RVer. We invented its powder-coated standalone chassis – an idea that changed the industry. We use oversize canisters for maximum water flow. And we use only stainless steel fittings for durable, sanitary plumbing.
- CLEARSOURCE QUALITY. Nothing beats a Clearsource. See us in TrailerLife Magazine's 2018 "Essential Equipment For RV Camping" Gear Guide, and in the January, 2019 edition of MotorHome Magazine ("Impressive." "Makes RV water filtering an art form.")
- ALSO SEE OUR NEWLY UPGRADED THREE CANISTER ULTRA SYSTEM! We’ve upgraded our top-of-the-line Ultra system, now with industry-exclusive protection against viruses. Search for "ASIN B07SX5RPG6".
This filter, with its intense carbon block filtering will easily clean the water from dirt and minerals that make the water taste bad. It can remove cysts, pesticides, oils, organic compounds to the highest levels so your water gets safer to drink.
The water flow is very satisfactory on this filter. Even if you use several fixtures, it will keep consistent pressure on all the outputs.
The build quality is very premium. The water connection hose is built from stainless steel materials. It can last long and can easily fit standard sized hose pipe.
Will this filter lead from water?
The default factory installed filters are Not designed to filter lead. There are not much lead in the water you get in your RV so that might not be much of a thing to worry.
However if you have higher risk of the lead water poisoning, getting a lead filter will be beneficial for you. Although Clearsource does not include it in the package but custom cartridges available in the market that will help you the job.
What kind of replacement cartridges can the system take?
The system takes standard cartridge size of 2.5 in * 10 in. The cartridges are of two stages. First one is a 5 micron sludge filter and the second one has a carbon block filter sized at 0.5 microns.
There are twin pack replacement filter available on the market that has exactly the two filters provided with the package. You can get one from market when you run out of the manufacturers included ones.
Does it remove bacteria from park water?
The .5 micron activated carbon filter is of the highest standards currently on the market. Materials such as chemicals, volatile elements, organic compounds, pesticides, cysts and oils can be filtered to the highest levels possible with this.
However, this level of contamination filtering might make the water somewhat tasteless. But the filtration is of no compromise.
Does the filter remove smell of sulfur from water?
The sulfur smell is caused By the hydrogen sulphide gas present in the water and it gives off a sharp smell of a rotten egg.
Clearsource has a second stage carbon block filter made of coconut shells which removes smells like these to a greater degree. If you want to completely get rid of this smell, you can substitute one of the cartridges with a granulated carbon filter.
Catalytic granulated carbon filters come in 2.5 in * 10 in size cartridges and they are widely available in the market. There are a range of cartridges made for specific use case available too.
How long Does the filters last?
The filter cartridges are designed to filter upto 2000 gallons of water. If you are an occasional RVer, replacing the filters once a year will be just fine. But if you’re more like a weekender or regular RVer, replace 2 - 6 times a year.
There are very few filters available on the market that can meet all your needs in a single unit. this is one of the few ones that is premium starting from the build quality all the way through that will not fail to satisfy you.