Franke, the Swiss-based brand, is a B.I.G name in the US sinks market right now. Since the company was established back in 1911, they’ve been on the frontline in the production of highly innovative, stylish, and functional sinks at reasonable prices that appeal to all homeowners.
Franke is a multi-national company that makes and provides products for bathrooms and kitchens in residential settings.
In this post, we’ll be looking at the top 3 Franke granite sink reviews, which combine natural beauty, excellent craftsmanship, and perfect durability.
In 1911, craftsman Hermann Franke started his own small business of metal sheets in the small town of Rorschach. As time passed, improvement in production facilities increased. Now the headquarters of Franke is located at Aar-burg.
Later on, after the demise of Hermann Franke, his son took over his business. Walter expanded his father’s business globally by implementing the same tricks and intelligent work.
Walter’s friend Willi Pieper took over the business and expanded across European borders. Later on, in 1989, Willi Pieper’s son took over and joined the company. He is the current owner of Franke. He handed the role of manager to his son in 2013.
In 2018, Patrick Wohl Hauser took charge of the company and became CEO of Franke group. The Franke Group is the most popular industry for making residential toilets and kitchens with the management team.
Slow and steady wins the race. Franke group is a contemporary example that fits in this idiom.
What is Franke?
For those who have no idea and don’t know what Franke is? Or what does Franke make? Don’t fret! We got you!
Franke is an international brand that makes the world’s best sinks from Fra-granite materials. Franke industry designs and crafts their products in Switzerland.
Which Material Is Used to Make Franke Sinks?
Franke makes their products—sinks, toilet sinks, and tubs from granite material. Granite material is made up of quartz. Quartz is the most economical and pleasing material known to humans. It is the most complex material to break. That’s why the Franke industry uses this material to make premium quality products.
An interesting fact about the sinks made from granite material is; they can’t get scratched even by a knife. Granite sinks are thermal shock resistant. For those who want to buy Franke bathtubs, go for it and enjoy your hot bath without affecting the quality of your bathtub.
The surface of Franke sinks is resistant to 280ºC.
Moreover, Franke makes two types of products, depending upon the type of material. Two types of materials are used to make sinks.
- Pure granite sinks
- Granite composite models
Pure granite sinks are rare to find, and they are costly as well. In contrast, granite composite models are readily available and are of good quality. Franke makes most of the sinks from granite composite material, and by applying good quality unit operations in processing, they increase the quality of the product.
Products of Franke
As you all are now well-aware of Franke, let’s get into the products of Franke. Franke makes several products made from granite and is used in households. Here is a list of the products of Franke.
Only sinks and tubs are made from granite material. Other products are made from fine iron or Aluminium.
- Bathroom sinks
- Bathroom tubs made from granite composite material
- Ovens made from high-quality iron and Aluminium
- Waste disposal accessories
- Kitchen hoods for ventilation
- Kitchen taps
- Toilet taps
- Washing machines
- Other accessories. E.g., knives, cutting boards, spoons, forks, etc.
If you have any queries related to Franke products, you can visit their website for customer service.
Quality of Franke Products
Franke products are made up of premium quality raw materials. Iron, aluminum, granite, stainless steel, fire clay is used to make final products. You can also have the service to order customized products according to your likes and dislikes.
Franke industry makes well-designed products. The latest styles and designs are also available. The products of Franke suit everyone, as they are economical, well designed and of premium quality. What more can you ask for?
It is the main reason why Franke products are the most sold products around the world.
Franke Granite Sinks
You are here to get information about Franke granite sinks. Right? Franke sinks have been the most sold residential products for a while now. Some of you ask questions whether Franke sinks are made in China or not?
Franke granite sinks are made in Switzerland. From simple to classical designs, and from classical to modern arrangements, all are available at Franke. The designs have been crafted with such perfection on residential products that it attracts customers at first hand.
Some of the details of Franke granite sinks that make the difference and stand out in many other industries are:
- Modern waste disposal system: every detail of the waste disposal system is outstanding. Franke has inserted stainless steel strainers in the sink to make it easy so that waste does not accumulate at the end of the pipe.
- Heat and sound resistance: are you tired of making noise in your kitchen at an odd hour? To overcome this noise pollution, Franke came up with an idea to make sound-resistant sinks. Now, you can wash your utensils or dishes easily without creating a fuss. Moreover, I have stated before that granite sinks are heat resistant and absorb a high amount of heat, affecting the quality.
- Deep stainless steel sink bowls: deep bowls of sink helps you to wash your fruits, vegetables, or whatever with ease. So, you can’t splash water on your surroundings when you are in a hurry.
- Accessories: One of the reasons we love Franke products is; they give supplements with products. You would be happy when you get a cutting board along with your purchased product. Wouldn’t you? Franke industry knows how to keep their customers happy, that’s why they provide the best quality products and other accessories.
Why Should You Choose Franke Sinks?
You’ve every reason to love the Franke sinks. As we’ve just mentioned above, this is a company that has over a century’s worth of experience under its belt. And all these years, they’ve mastered the art of manufacturing sinks that meet your unique needs and last a lifetime.
Take, for instance, their granite sinks. Unlike most of its competitors out there, Franke uses granite that’s composed of 80% quartz—the hardest component of granite! What’s more, this material is bonded using top-quality acrylic resign, taking the strength and sturdiness of the sink to a whole new level.
And Franke has a good reason for this high-end construction:
They understand that an average sink will have to undergo a lot throughout its lifespan: up to 68 gallons of drain cleaner, 132lbs of steel wool, millions of hot grease splashes, and even billions of germs. The secret to making their sinks remains in good, attractive shape during their life lies in using high-quality materials.
Apart from long-lasting design, other reasons to love the Franke sinks is that they come with reasonable prices (yes, they’re fairly priced), quiet, deep bowl designs, and are available in up to 9 classic color options so you can choose one that matches your kitchen faucet or décor.
Let’s take a closer look at the 3 most popular Franke granite sink reviews on the market today.
Frequently Asked Questions by Customers About Franke Sinks
How long are Franke sinks guaranteed?
Franke guarantees their products for 50 years. The quality, color, structure of sinks of Franke sinks are guaranteed for 50 Years.
Are Franke stainless steel sinks being good in quality or not?
Stainless steel is the best material to prevent the sinks from rusting. That’s why stainless steel is used.
Does Franke Provide stainless steel sinks?
Stainless steel is made up of high-quality chromium nickel. That is resistant to stains.
What thickness is of Franke sinks?
The thickness of Franke depends upon the type of sink you choose. For deep bowl sinks, the dimensions should be 18-20 gauges. For simple Franke sinks, the standard thickness should be 16-18 gauge.
Which one is better, a single sink or double sink?
Both of these sinks have unique features. A single sink is better because it contains less space as compared to a double sink. At the same time, a double sink is helpful as it has more options to use according to your needs. E.g., you can do washing as well as cutting simultaneously.
Moreover, a single sink is also helpful if you want to wash your plants in the sink. It would be easier to clean your pots in a single sink
Which type of sink is best?
If you are confused about choosing a sink, and you want to buy the best sink. Here is a list to remember while choosing a sink.
- Stainless steel sinks.
- Granite sinks.
- Cast iron sinks.
- Stone kitchen sinks.
It is the list you need to remember every time you buy sinks for your households. Franke products are best as they are made up of stainless steel and granite material.
Top 3 Best Franke Granite Sink Reviews:
1. Franke 33″ Dual Mount Granite Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
We start with the Franke 33″ Dual Mount Granite Single Bowl Kitchen Sink. This sink is constructed using composite granite which introduces a natural (and attractive) element in your kitchen.
By composite, we mean that the sink is made of 80% quartz (that’s the hardest component of granite) and bonded using top-quality acrylic resins. This enables the sink to survive daily rough use and serve you for years and years to come.
This sink has a single bowl design. We like the fact that the bowl is sufficiently deep (up to 9 inches deep) to make it easy for you to wash larger dishes and pots. And just like the naturally quiet nature of the granite, the sink remains quiet when you’re using it. This helps ensure a quieter kitchen experience when using the sink.
If you’re thinking that this is one of those sinks that get scratches after weeks or months of use, you’ll be in for a pleasant surprise. The high-density particles of the Franke granite material enable the sink to offer superior resistance to scratches, chipping, and even heat!
Above all, the manufacturer ships this sink to you with every single item you need to successfully install it. You can also choose to install the sink as a top mount or under mount. If you go with the under-mount option, you’ll need to hire a professional for assistance.
- Attractive natural granite beauty
- Exceptionally durable and long-lasting
- Comes with a quiet and deep bowl
- 100% scratch- and heat-resistant
- Overall size: 33” left-to-right x 22” (front-to-back)
- Comes with all installation hardware
- Limited lifetime warranty
2. Franke Ellipse 33″ Dual Mount Granite Double Bowl Kitchen Sink
Franke Ellipse 33″ is another top-rated granite sink from Franke. Just like its sister above, this sink is made using granite composite (with 80% quartz) for superior durability and longevity.
Unlike the previous model, however, this is a double sink model. This makes it a flexible sink ideal for homeowners who often wash dishes and glasses.
Other than the design, the bowl has just the same depth of 9-inches as the other sink, making it easy for you to stash dishes in it. It’s also extremely quiet, ensuring a noiseless kitchen environment. Moreover, Franke sinks give a ravishing look to your kitchens.
Franke also has your hygiene/health in mind when designing this sink. This is evident from the sanitized built-in protective barrier in the sink which helps fight bacteria during/after the cleaning cycles. Franke sinks are made by keeping the needs and demands of the customer.
All the installation hardware and manual are included in the package for safe, easy, and quick installation. You can choose to install this sink as a top mount or under mount. The sink comes with only one faucet hole…but you can knock out up to 4 more if need be.
If you want to buy double bowl kitchen sink for your kitchen, I would recommend you to buy it from Franke. And give your kitchen an updated and ravishing look. You will enjoy every minute spent in your kitchen.
- Composite granite construction
- Sanitized built-in protective barrier
- 9-inch-deep bowl
- One factory-made hole for the faucet
- All installation materials included
- Limited lifetime warranty
3. Franke DIG61091-MOC Primo 33″ Dual Mount Granite Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
Last, but not least, we have the Franke DIG61091-MOC Primo 33″ single bowl sink. Just like the two sinks above, this model is also made from Franke’s durable composite granite material to enable it to last longer than most of the competition.
The sink boasts eye-grabbing aesthetics that are sure to introduce an elegant and natural look to your kitchen.
As a single bowl design with an excellent depth of up to 9 inches, this sink is ideal for folks who want to enjoy easy, splash-free washing of larger pots, dishes, and other larger cooking ware. The material used to make the sink is generally quiet, meaning the sink will not produce the annoying noise associated with stainless steel models.
The high-density composite granite particles offer unmatched resistance to all forms of scratching, chipping, and heat damages—enabling this sink to maintains its elegance and form throughout its life.
As we’ve seen in the other two Franke granite sinks above, this model also comes with all the necessary installation hardware plus a user manual to facilitate a safer and hassle-free setup process. Top mounting and under mounting are also possible for this sink.
- High-quality granite construction
- Sleek aesthetics for elegant kitchen look
- 9-inch-deep single bowl design
- Incredibly quiet bowl
- Resistant to scratch, chip, and heat
- Internal bowl dimensions: 33” L x 17” W x 9” D
- Installation hardware included
- Limited lifetime warranty
How Good Are Granite Sinks?
It’s easy to see why granite sinks are so popular…they deliver natural strength, natural durability, and natural beauty—all at incredibly low costs. From the aforementioned Franke composite granite sink reviews, you can see how this is true.
Granite material is good for a reason. Right? That’s why the Franke industry uses it. To make good quality products. However, every material present on this Earth has good and bad qualities. It depends on you which quality to ignore and which one to choose.
To answer the question about “how good are granite sinks”, we’ll look at the good as well as the bad sides of these sinks.
Let’s start with the good part…
Granite Sinks: The Good
- The most important thing you should look for in a kitchen fixture like a sink that will be used on a daily basis is its durability. Luckily, the granite sinks (both pure granite and granite composite models) are hardwearing and sturdy and are able to hold up to heavy use for a longer period.
- The sinks also offer superior resistance to heat, scratching, chipping, stains, and water spots (provided you seal them properly). This further enhances their longevity.
- The granite composite sinks come in a variety of matte color options, which means you’ll easily find a color that matches your kitchen your faucet, countertop, or the general kitchen décor.
- Unlike stainless steel sinks, these sinks don’t produce any noise when in use. This is attributed to the quiet nature of the granite material, promoting a quieter kitchen environment.
- The sinks come with deep bowls to make it easy for you to easily stash all your dishes inside and wash larger pots, pans, and other cooking items. They also come in single bowl and double bowl designs to let you choose one that fits your unique needs.
- Probably the best part about these sinks is that they’re affordably priced, making them affordable to all homes, including those on tight budgets.
- Granite sinks are heat resistant and can absorb heat up to 280⁰C.
- Granite sinks are made with high attention and devotion that a knife can’t put a scratch on it.
Granite Sinks: The Bad
As I have stated before and going to tell you again. Every material has good and bad factors. One can not be the perfect material. But some minor bad factors can be ignored. Because preferences vary from person to person.
- Despite being durable and hardwearing, granite sinks require regular maintenance. However, the maintenance job is really simple and nothing to fret about.
- Pure granite sinks are rare to find. And cost much more than the granite composite sinks.
- The granite sinks might require extra support during installation.
From the above discussion, it’s quite clear that the good side of the granite sinks far outweighs their ugly side. These sinks are hardwearing and long-lasting and come ready to meet all your unique cleaning needs in the kitchen while adding that natural beauty and elegance.
Franke is a Swiss-based company and the world’s leading manufacturers of quality sinks. In this post, we’ve focused on their 3 top-rated granite sinks, which seems to be the trend in most kitchens right now. We hope our Franke sink review compilation can help you make the appropriate choice for your kitchen.
Some of the reasons why these Franke granite sinks have become popular in many homes revolve around the high-quality granite composite material used to design them. This gives them the strength and sturdiness they need to last forever. Its natural beauty will make your kitchen the most wonderful place you’ve ever seen.
They’re also easy to clean and maintain and come in multiple color options. Not to forget they’re fairly priced, assuring you of getting real value for your money.
Moreover, we have given you customer reviews about Franke’s products. These products are widely used in the whole world in residential or households. Do purchase the best residential kitchen and sink products to get an updated look.
So, if you want to update your kitchen and bathroom look, do purchase Franke granite sinks. I hope this article has provided you all with the necessary information about Franke sink reviews. If you are still confused or ambiguous then, tell us to know. We will help you to sort out all your confusions and assist you the best we can.