If you own a freezer, the last thing you want to see is all your frozen assets turning into spoils just because the temperature conditions were too low or too high.
You’ll be counting losses…and you’ll feel the pain!
But you don’t have to deal with all this mess, thanks to the invention of the best freezer alarm—a device that’ll warn you when your freezer temperature exceeded the pre-set levels.
This will enable you to make the necessary adjustments on time to ensure your frozen food remain fresh and safe for your family consumption.
In the following post, we’ll shed more light on how helpful this device can turn out to be to homeowners. We’ll also give you our ultimate list of the 10 top-rated alarm freezers on the market today.
Why You Need a Wifi Freezer Alarm?
A wifi freezer alarm will send you alerts over the internet—anywhere, anytime—whenever your freezer temperatures go beyond the pre-set levels.
As we’ve just stated above, this will help you take the necessary action to prevent your frozen food from getting thawed and spoilt.
With that in mind, you might be asking yourself if you really need to invest in a wifi freezer alarm.
We think you should!
The wifi freezer alarm will remotely alert you when your freezer temperature exceeds the maximum or minimum temperature range as set by you.
This means you don’t have to be near your freezer all the time in order to monitor its temperatures (how convenient!)
And once you have this device installed in your freezer, you can start receiving alerts from any location as long as there’s an internet connection.
By sending you the alerts on time, you’ll be able to act right on time to prevent accidental thawing and spoilage of the foods, medication, or any other temperature sensitive contents in your freezer.
Think about all the money you have spent on the goodies inside your freezer right now. If the temperatures inside fluctuate without your knowledge, you’ll be counting huge losses. You’ll be forced to replace these foods, which means spending more money!
It’s a well-known fact spoilt foods can result in food borne illnesses. The last thing you want is all your family members to get sick after consuming the spoilt food.
The same case applies to medication. If your freezer temperature exceeds the optimum values, they’ll get damaged, and might become poisonous if administered to humans.
And oh! A freezer alarm doesn’t cost you an arm and a leg. Despite the crucial role they play in protecting your frozen food and saving you huge sums of money, these devices are incredibly affordable.
Now let’s turn to our list of the 10 top-rated freezer alarms currently available on the market…
Our Best Freezer Alarm Picks:
1. ORIA Wireless Digital Freezer Thermometer
- 【Max/Min Temperature】 The Max/ Min temeprature data will update every 24h. Pls be attention that the product cannot hold the max/min temperature all the time. The product is not support to view all the recorded previous temperatures. You can press button "clear" once quickly to remove the Min/Max temperaturen data. And it will update to the new data.
- 【Note】 The product do not have the function to remember all the history Max/Min temperature data. Only show the data within 24h. After installing in the sensors and host, the host enters RF reception mode and then waits for signals transmitted by the sensors. The alarm will not go off within the first 10mins after turning upper/lower limit alarm function on, the function will be activated after the first 10mins.
- 【Alarm】 With audible alarm, you can set the maximum and minimum alarm value manually. It can ring when the temperature value reaches at the point of limit max or min alarm value that you pre-set.
- 【Easy Use】 There are 6 function keys on the main unit and signal indicator on the transmitter, you just press the corresponding key to turn on/off the alarm, switch the Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- 【Multiple Installation】 With integrated magnets, a hanging hole and a bracket at the back, you can put the main unit in refrigerator door, hang on the wall or stand on the table. Please install the new battery to make sure the accuracy.
Our list begins with the ORIA Digital Freezer temperature sensor. This wireless freezer allows you to manually set the minimum and maximum temperature range in your freezer. It rings an audible alarm to alert you when the temperature values go below or beyond your preset range.
The complete unit comprises the console plus 2 remote sensors two sensors. What does this mean? Well, the two sensors will enable you to simultaneously monitor your freezer (indoor) as well as outdoor temperature. In simpler words, you can choose to put one sensor in your freezer and the other one outdoors.
Another amazing feature of this device is its ability to record the min and max temperatures of your freezer. We can all agree that this info will turn out to be pretty useful when you want to understand the temperature trend of any particular area.
Installing the system is quite easy (the device comes with multiple installation options to enable you to choose the most convenient one for you). Once installed, you’ll have an easy time operating it. It features a total of 6 function keys on the main unit which are clearly labeled to make it easy to navigate.
Note that this device has a sensing distance of 100m (or 328ft) to enable you to monitor your freezer temperatures from any corner of your home.
2. AcuRite 00986M Refrigerator/Freezer Wireless Digital Thermometer
- Digital Thermometer | Includes one refrigerator thermometer and one freezer thermometer
- Easy to read display includes magnetic backing for fridge mount and keyhole for mounting on wall
- Audible Temperature Alarm | Get alerted to temperature spikes with customizable min and max range
- Each wireless thermometer includes clip for refrigerator shelf mount and suction cup for fridge wall
- Temperature Range: -40° to 100°F (-40° to 37°C); Wireless Range: 75 ft. (23 m)
Next on our line of the top-rated freezer alarm reviews, we have the AcuRite 00986M Refrigerator/Freezer alarm. For those who don’t know, AcuRite has a reputation for producing highly functional and reliable wireless weather stations and wireless sensors w/remote monitoring.
As one of their most popular products, this wireless has a good track record of keeping an eye over your freezer and refrigerator temperatures. It comes with 2 sensors—one for the freezer and the other one for the refrigerator.
When the temperatures in your freezer exceed your pre-set values, the device will send you an audible and visual alarm. This will help you jump in on time and save your frozen foods and other contents from getting spoilt. The fact that this alarm sends you temperature updates every 90 seconds takes it reliability to a whole new level!
As we’ve seen in our previous model up there, this wireless remote sensor is also easy and quick to install. It easily suctions the inside wall of your freezer for hassle-free installation. It’s also capable of keeping the minimum and maximum temperature records.
3. Iapsales Refrigerator Freezer Thermometer Alarm
- EASY TO READ: Large LCD Display 5/8” Numbers, Toggle from Indoor Room to Refrigerator / Freezer Temperatures.
- (2) TWO ALARM SETTINGS: High and Low Temperature Manually Set Alarms
- TEMPERATURE RANGE: -58 to 158°F (-50 to 70°C) with an Accuracy of +/- 2°F
- (3) THREE MOUNTING OPTIONS: Magnet, Key Hole or Flip Down Stand
- FULL 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If you are not satisfied for *Any Reason*, JUST SEND IT BACK
This freezer thermometer is also designed to quickly and accurately monitor the temperature of your freezer. It reads room temperature as well as your freezer temperature and has an excellent operating temperature range running from -58° to 158°F (-50° to 70°C).
The digital thermometer comes with a large, easy-to-read LCD screen where you can get the sensor readouts (in both Fahrenheit and Celsius). It lets you set two alarm settings—high and low. When the freezer temperature exceeds the pre-set high value or falls below the low value, the device’s visual/audible alarm alerts you to help you take the necessary option.
Like the two models we’ve featured above, this alarm also has minimum/maximum temperature memory.
You can easily program the sensor alarm in increments of 1 degree. Its 48-inch micro-sable sensor delivers a solid-state probing, allowing even doors to close on it. With up to 3 mounting options (magnet, keyhole, and flip down stand), you’ll not have any issues setting up this freezer alarm.
4. CDN TA20 Audio Visual Refrigerator Freezer Alarm
- Maintain food-safe temperatures in your refrigerator and freezer with innovative thermometer
- Made of shatterproof ABS plastic; dual progress display
- 39-inch sensor cable with suction cups; Velcro tabs firmly attach case to outside surface
- Battery and instructions included
- Audio alarm sound when refrigerator reaches 46 degrees F or freezer reaches 15 degrees F
CDN TA20 Audio Visual Refrigerator Freezer Alarm will provide you with a high level of reliability and accuracy. It’ll alert you when the temperatures in your freezer rise beyond or fall below your preset range—to help prevent accidental defrosting or degradation of your frozen foods.
The unit alerts you by sending you an audio signal plus visual alert (via the LCD panel with red and green flashing LED lights). The audio alarm itself will sound for 6 good seconds every minute until you manually turn it off. This means you’ll NEVER miss a single alert.
Because this alarm is designed to be mounted externally (not inside your freezer), it’ll eliminate the need to keep opening the appliance door when monitoring the temperature. This is advantageous in that it helps save time as well as energy costs.
Keep in mind that this device is designed using the 100% shatterproof ABS plastic material to ensure it doesn’t break easily in case you drop it accidentally. This translates to maximum longevity. Not to forget that this material is also 100% food-safe.
5. Esnow Refrigerator Thermometer Wireless Digital Freezer Thermometer
- Package Included: The wireless refrigerator thermometer includes 1 indoor temperature built-in the console and 2 remote sensors, which can monitor 3 kinds of temperature and all displayed simultaneously. 24 hours indoor and outdoor MAX and MIN temperature records.
- Alarm Settings: When indoor or oudoor temperature exceed your pre-set minimum and maximum alarm value, the thermometer will make audio alarm and visual alarms to remind you, allowing you to be aware if adjustments are necessary for your household,wireless indoor/outdoor with audible alarm.
- Temperature Range: Outdoor -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60° C)（ ±2°F）, Indoor 32°F～122°F(0°C to 50° C) (±1°C). The wireless refrigerator thermometer have 328ft (open area) remote range with strong signal Penetration. Can be used it in the fridge, freezer or outdoor, providing double protection to your food safety.
- Easy to install and operation: Mount display unit directly to your refrigerator or freezer using integrated magnets or hang on wall using keyhole, and The wireless sensor can clip on door or hang on the wall. There are 6 function keys on the main unit and the signal indicator on the transmitter. Just press the corresponding button to turn the alarm on/off, switch Celsius or Fahrenheit, and clear the MAX / MIN record.
- Humanized design: The LCD screen With large digit and records Min and Max temperature provides the historical temperatures readings, monitor the temperature change easily. Retractable stand and hanger combination, you can easily read data and place it anywhere.
If you’re looking for a high-end wireless freezer alarm with a limited budget, this Esnow Freezer Thermometer is a good choice. The package comes with 1 indoor temperature (built-in the console) plus 2 remote sensors which allow you to simultaneously monitor the indoor, outdoor, and MIN/MAX temperatures.
When the indoor and outdoor temperatures exceed your pre-set range, this unit will alert you via audio and visual alarms. When you get these alerts, you can make the necessary adjustments in time to prevent your frozen farm produce, meat, etc., from getting spoilt.
While most of the competitors out there have a limited temperature range, this model will offer you an extended range to help meet your unique needs. The outdoor temperature range is -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60° C) while the indoor range is 32°F～122°F (0°C to 50° C).
For the installation part, you just need to mount the display unit to your freezer using the integrated magnets or by simply hanging it on the wall using keyhole.
All the 6 function keys are clearly labeled to make this freezer alarm easy to operate, even for kids and the older family members. The large LCD screen displays large digits which you can read without straining your eyes.
6. ZTKEN Refrigerator Thermometer Wireless Digital Freezer Thermometer
This wireless freezer door alarm also comes with an indoor temperature integrated into the console and 2 remote sensors to help you monitor the outdoor as well as indoor (freezer) temperatures.
The thermometer has an excellent transmission range of up to 328ft on an open area to help you monitor your freezer temperatures from any room in your house (as long as there are no obstacles).
Like all the other models featured on this list, this unit also allows you to preset your minimum and maximum temperature values. And if the freezer temperature exceeds these pre-set values, an alarm will activate to help you make the necessary adjustments on time.
The unit is convenient to install as the main unit has a magnetic back and stand shelf for multiple mounting options. The 2 wireless sensors also feature hooks (for easy hanging) and stand shelf.
7. Ambient Weather WS-09 8-Channel Wireless Refrigerator/Freezer Thermometer Alarm Set
- Simple to read, simple to use, and affordable, the WS-09 includes a thermometer in the console and can remotely read and update up to eight remote thermometer sensors at the same from the large digit, uncluttered display.
- Ideal for Refrigerator / Freezer applications but useful for other temperature applications, the WS-09 includes a display with programmable audible and visual alerts when temperature limits are exceeded.
- The remote sensors include two water proof probes for measuring any temperature medium, including refrigerators, freezers, water and soil.
- If your refrigerator is metal, wireless signals can not escape (metal acts as a radio-frequency shield). Thus, the transmitters can be placed outside of the refrigerator / freezer for unobstructed wireless communication to the console.
- The remote sensors include suction cups to attach to any smooth surface.
For years, Ambient Weather has made a name for themselves with their top-quality and highly reliable weather measuring products. They’re the proud manufacturer of the popular Ambient Weather WS-09 8-Channel freezer alarm—which is simple to use, easy to read, and fairly priced.
One of the things that make this freezer alarm unique is its ability to monitor up to 8 remote thermometer sensors remotely. Couple this with its Large digit, uncluttered Jumbo LCD display and monitoring multiple locations at the same time becomes easier!
Another interesting feature about this wireless freezer alarm is the optional calibration. For those who want to the utmost accuracy, you can take advantage of this feature to fine-tune or connect for the sensor errors (associated with the unit’s margin of error) to ensure you receive the most accurate and reliable readings.
The console comes with audible and visual alarms that alter you when your freezer temperatures exceed the pre-set maximum and minimum settings. In addition to that, this unit also keeps a record of maximum and minimum temperatures over time. Note that you can preset this record manually.
One more feature you’ll love about this device is the scroll mode. This allows you to easily view the indoor thermometer as well as any other remote channels without necessarily pressing any buttons/keys. The scroll mode simply makes the unit easier to operate!
8. AMIR Freezer/Refrigerator Thermometer, Sensor Temperature Monitor
- The Wireless Thermometer console includes audible and visual alarms when temperature exceed your pre-set minimum and maximum alarm settings.
- The large LCD display can show the temperature of the base station and transmitter at the same time. Thermometer range: indoor (-10 °C ~ 60 °C / 14 °F ~ 140 °F), outdoor (-40 °C ~ 60 °C / -40 °F ~ 140 °F). The accuracy can reach ±1°C /±2°F. The transmission range is 100M/328ft (open area). You can use it in the fridge, freezer or outdoor, which provides safe food storage.
- There are 6 function keys on the main unit and signal indicator on the transmitter, you just press the corresponding key to turn on/off the alarm, switch the Celsius or Fahrenheit and clear the MAX/MIN records.
- The wireless thermometer is easy to install. The display unit can stand on the table, hang on the wall, magnet on the refrigerator. 2 sensors with clips and hanging holes on the back, easy to install or hang on the shelf.
- NOTE: Enjoy 1-year buyer's Assurance and lifetime support from our friendly support team.
AMIR Freezer/Refrigerator Thermometer also does a great job when it comes to keeping your food fresh and safe and ensuring you don’t have to experience losses of your fridge goodies.
The package features the main unit (or console) and 2 remote sensors which allow you to monitor the indoor and outdoor temperatures simultaneously. The console itself boasts of a large LCD display with large digit display to make it easy for you to read the temperature recordings.
It features audible and visual alarms which warn you when your freezer temperatures exceed the pre-set values. In addition to this, this monitor will also provide you with max/min temperature recordings over time. We can’t underestimate the importance of this data as it’ll help you provide double protection to your frozen goodies.
Featuring a compact and delicate design, this unit is straightforward to install. It offers you multiple installation options so you can choose the most convenient one for you. Even better, the console has 6 well-defined function keys to facilitate easy operation.
9. HEALCO Digital Freezer/Fridge Thermometer
- EASY TO READ FREEZER THERMOMETER - more large digital display screen, more clear with the Acrylic protector. Displays temperature in Celsius and Fahrenheit with high Accuracy (±1°C / ±5°F).
- DOUBLE ALARM FUNCTION WITH LED INDICATOR - a. Hi/Low outdoor or FREEZER ('OUT' reading is freezer temperature) alarm, you need to set the Hi/Lo temperature alarm; b. Frost point alarm, you don't need do any set of the alarm. Two choices, more convenient. The Frost Point Alarm is a default setting of the temperature range -1℃～+4℃(+30.2℉～+39.2℉).
- FLEXIBLE INSTALLATION - 2 differrent ways to install the freezer thermometer or indoor thermometer. Either use the stand to place it on the table, or mounts on the outside of your refrigerator with the magnet on the back. Cute design won't take any extra room of your refrigerator.
- SIMPLE OPERATION - 4 buttons to complete the main functions of the digital fridge thermometer. IN/OUT Key: Inner and Outer (Fridge or outdoor) Temperature Conversion (Must insert sensor cable); MIN/MAX key: When it works, it will detect the max/min temperature automatically; AL key: set the alarm temperature range, turn on the alarm function; ADJ & ℃/℉ key: adjust the value under setted or change temperature unit between Celsius (℃) and Fahrenheit (℉).
- ACCURATE MEASURING - Working Range: -10~50℃ (14~122°F); Sensor Cable Measurement Range: -50~70℃ (-58~158°F). To ensure the food is being stored in a safe temperature or detect the function of fridge. With the wide range of temperature, it can also be use as a indoor/outdoor thermometer.
HEALCO Digital Freezer/Fridge Thermometer displays both indoor and outdoor temperatures. Similar to the previously discussed models, this freezer thermometer allows you t pre-set the minimum and maximum temperature values for your frozen food. And it alerts you when these temperatures are exceeded.
The device has the main console which features a large digit, easy to read LCD screen where you can easily view the current indoor and outdoor temperatures. Besides, this unit is also capable of keeping a memory of the maximum and minimum temperature records to help you understand the temperature trend of any given areas.
There are two different ways of installing this thermometer. One, you can use the integrated stand to place in the table (table-top setup). Or you can mount it outside your freezer using the magnet on its back. Its compact design ensures it doesn’t take up much room on your freezer.
10. Brannan Digital Freezer / Fridge Thermometer With Alarm
- Monitor temperature from four different locations!
- The compact WS-02 allows you to keep track air or water temperature, with this compact indoor and outdoor thermometer with 6 foot probe.
- The thermometer includes a plastic stand for tabletop placement.
- Snake the probe outside a window to measure outdoor temperature, or in the aquarium, refrigerator or freezer to accurately track temperature.
- Includes one year warranty from Ambient Weather.
Last, but not the least, we have the Brannan Digital Freezer / Fridge Thermometer. This is one of the most affordable freezer alarms you can find on the market today. It allows you to set your preferred low and high temperatures values and alerts you if these values are exceeded, to ensure your frozen foods stay safe and fresh.
The operating temperature range for this unit is -50 to 70 ° (Celsius and Fahrenheit). Though this range might look slightly smaller compared to other models, it’s sure to meet the temperature monitoring needs of most homeowners.
Remember that this freezer thermometer provides you with both indoor and outdoor temperature readings simultaneously.
The magnetic fixture at the back makes the installation part as easy as sticking it on your freezer wall/door. The device comes with battery included so you can start using right away.
How To Get The Right Product For You?
When it comes to selecting the best freezer alarm, there are certain aspects you should keep in mind to ensure you get the most suitable model for your unique needs.
These factors include:
The first thing you should look for in a freezer alarm is how it sends you alerts. The best model should be able to send you audio as well as visual alerts. This will make it easier for you to receive the alerts on time and make the necessary adjustments to keep your frozen food safe.
For the audio part, we suggest that you look for a model that beeps until you manually put it off (though this is not necessary). The best thing about such an alarm system is that it’ll not go off before you actually get the warning.
As long as the audio alarm rings loudly, you won’t have any problems receiving the alerts on time.
Types of readings
You should also pay attention to the kinds of readings offered by the freezer alarm you plant to buy.
As you’ve seen in our top-rated products, the best freezer alarms are capable of monitoring indoor as well as outdoor temperatures.
They’re also able to keep a memory of the maximum and minimum temperature recordings. These particular readings are crucial in helping you understand the temperature trends of any given place.
How easy is the main unit (or console) to use? The best freezer alarm for your home should come with an intuitive, easy to operate unit.
Each key should be clearly labeled so that even a 3-year old kid or older family member knows its function. Units with fewer operations buttons/keys are usually easier to operate.
While still on it, check the display panel of the unit. It should not only be bigger but should also display larger digits to help you easily take the temperature readings.
Ease of installation
You want to ensure the device you invest in does not give you headaches when it comes to installing it, right?
Well, look for a model that’s super-easy and fast to set up.
Most of the top-rated models you’ll find on the market actually offer you up to 3 mounting options—like the magnetic back, tabletop, or wall hanging—to enable you to choose the most convenient option for you.
Don’t forget to look if the device manufacturer offers you any warranty or guarantee.
You might not know this, but a warranty acts as a way of the manufacturer assuring you of the quality of their product.
If you get a product with a warranty, you can easily send it back to the owner if it doesn’t meet your needs or even ask for a replacement if the current one fails.
The longer the warranty period, the better the deal!
Monitoring the temperature of your freezer is crucial to ensure your frozen food, medication, and other frozen assets do not get damaged.
If your freezer temperature rises or fall below your preset range, the freezer alarm will alert you immediately. And this will help you take the right action on time to prevent huge damages, losses, and frustrations.
Our list of the 10 best freezer alarms above will present you with the most reliable devices on the market today for monitoring your freezer temperatures.
Be sure to check our buying tips for the key aspects to look for in an ideal freezer alarm.