If you own a freezer, the last thing you want to see is all your frozen assets turning into spoils just because the temperature conditions were too low or too high. For such reasons, to prevent your frozen food, medication or other things inside your freezer from going spoiled, freezer alarm exists. Therefore, it is important to get the best freezer alarm there is on the market.
You’ll be counting losses…and you’ll feel the pain!
But you don’t have to deal with all this mess, thanks to the invention of the best freezer alarm.
Freezer alarm is a device that’ll warn you when your freezer temperature exceeded the pre-set levels.
This will enable you to make the necessary adjustments on time to ensure your frozen food remain fresh and safe for your family consumption.
In the following post, we’ll shed more light on how helpful this device can turn out to be to homeowners. We’ll also give you our ultimate list of the 10 top-rated alarm freezers on the market today.
Why You Need a Freezer Alarm?
A freezer alarm will send you alerts over the internet—anywhere, anytime—whenever your freezer temperatures go beyond the pre-set levels. This will help you take the necessary action to prevent your frozen food from getting thawed and spoilt.
With that in mind, you might be asking yourself if you really need to invest in a freezer alarm.
We think you should!
The freezer alarm will remotely alert you when your freezer temperature exceeds the maximum or minimum temperature range as set by you. This means you don’t have to be near your freezer all the time in order to monitor its temperatures.
And once you have this device installed in your freezer, you can start receiving alerts from any location as long as there’s an internet connection.
By sending you the alerts on time, you’ll be able to act right on time to prevent accidental thawing and spoilage of the foods, medication, or any other temperature sensitive contents in your freezer.
A freezer alarm doesn’t cost you an arm and a leg. Despite the crucial role they play in protecting your frozen food and saving you huge sums of money, these devices are incredibly affordable.
Now let’s turn to our list of the 10 top-rated freezer alarms currently available on the market…
Our Best Freezer Alarm Picks:
1. ORIA Wireless Digital Freezer Alarm
- 【Max/Min Temperature】 The Max/ Min temeprature data will update every 24h. Pls be attention that the product cannot hold the max/min temperature all the time. The product is not support to view all the recorded previous temperatures. You can press button "clear" once quickly to remove the Min/Max temperaturen data. And it will update to the new data.
- 【Note】 The product do not have the function to remember all the history Max/Min temperature data. Only show the data within 24h. After installing in the sensors and host, the host enters RF reception mode and then waits for signals transmitted by the sensors. The alarm will not go off within the first 10mins after turning upper/lower limit alarm function on, the function will be activated after the first 10mins.
Our list begins with the ORIA Digital Freezer temperature sensor. This wireless freezer allows you to manually set the minimum and maximum temperature range in your freezer. It rings an audible alarm to alert you when the temperature values go below or beyond your preset range.
The complete unit comprises the console plus 2 remote sensors two sensors. The two sensors will enable you to simultaneously monitor your freezer as well as outdoor temperature.
Another amazing feature of this device is its ability to record the min and max temperature of your freezer.
The device comes with multiple installation options to enable you to choose the most convenient one for you. It features a total of 6 function keys on the main unit which are clearly labeled to make it easy to navigate.
Note that this device has a sensing distance of 100m (or 328ft) to enable you to monitor your freezer temperatures from any corner of your home.
- Comprises 2 wireless sensors
- Audible temperature alarm
- Records Min/Max temperatures
- Easy, quick to install
- Hassle-free to operate
2. AcuRite 00986M Refrigerator/Freezer Wireless Digital Alarm
- Digital Thermometers: Includes one refrigerator thermometer and one freezer thermometer that transmit readings to the digital display
- Easy-to-Read LCD Display: Comes with magnetic backing for fridge mounting and a keyhole for mounting on a wall
Next, we have the AcuRite 00986M Refrigerator alarm. For those who don’t know, AcuRite has a reputation for producing highly functional and reliable wireless weather stations and sensors w/remote monitoring.
As one of their most popular products, it has a good track record of keeping an eye over your freezer and refrigerator temperatures. It comes with 2 sensors—one for the freezer and the other one for the refrigerator.
When the temperatures in your freezer exceed your pre-set values, the device will send you an audible and visual alarm. The fact that this alarm sends you temperature updates every 90 seconds takes it reliability to a whole new level!
As we’ve seen in our previous model up there, this wireless remote sensor is also easy and quick to install. It easily suctions the inside wall of your freezer for hassle-free installation. It’s also capable of keeping the minimum and maximum temperature records.
- Monitors your freezer & refrigerator temperature
- Audible and visual alarm
- Easy installation; suctions to your freezer interiors
- Sends data every 90 seconds
- Temperature range: -40 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Max/min temperature recording
3. Iapsales Refrigerator Thermometer Alarm
- EASY TO READ: Large LCD Display 5/8” Numbers, Toggle from Indoor Room to Refrigerator / Freezer Temperatures.
- (2) TWO ALARM SETTINGS: High and Low Temperature Manually Set Alarms
This freezer thermometer is designed to quickly and accurately monitor the temperature of your freezer. It reads room temperature as well as your freezer temperature and has an excellent operating temperature range running from -58° to 158°F (-50° to 70°C).
The digital thermometer comes with a large, easy-to-read LCD screen where you can get the sensor readouts (in both Fahrenheit and Celsius). It lets you set two alarm settings—high and low. When the freezer temperature exceeds the pre-set high value or falls below the low value, the device’s visual/audible alarm alerts you to help you take the necessary option.
Like the two models we’ve featured above, this alarm also has minimum/maximum temperatures memory to keep your food safe.
You can easily program the sensor alarm in increments of 1 degree. Its 48-inch micro-sable sensor delivers a solid-state probing, allowing even doors to close on it. With up to 3 mounting options (magnet, keyhole, and flip down stand), you’ll not have any issues setting up this freezer alarms.
- Large, easy-read LCD display
- Lets you set high and low-temperature range
- Features an audible alarm
- Temperature range: -58 to 158°F (-50 to 70°C)
- Up to 3 mounting options
- Full 30-day money back guarantee
4. CDN TA20 Audio Visual Refrigerator Freezer Alarm
- Maintain food-safe temperatures in your refrigerator and freezer with innovative thermometer
- Audio alarm sound when refrigerator reaches 46 degrees F or freezer reaches 15 degrees F
CDN TA20 Audio Visual Refrigerator Freezer Alarm will provide you with a high level of reliability and accuracy. It’ll alert you when the temperatures in your freezer rise beyond or fall below your preset range—to help prevent accidental defrosting or degradation of your frozen foods.
The unit alerts you by sending you an audio signal plus visual alert (via the LCD panel with red and green flashing LED lights). The audio alarm itself will sound for 6 seconds every minute until you manually turn it off.
Because this alarm is designed to be mounted externally, it’ll eliminate the need to keep opening the appliance door when monitoring temperatures. This is advantageous in that it helps save time as well as energy costs.
Keep in mind that this device is designed using the 100% shatterproof ABS plastic material to ensure it doesn’t break easily in case you drop it accidentally. This translates to maximum longevity.
- Audio alarm sound
- Dual progress display
- Shatterproof ABS plastic construction
- 39-inch sensor cable
- Battery & user manual included
5. Esnow Refrigerator Thermometer Wireless Digital Freezer Thermometer
- Package Included: The wireless freezer alarm includes 1 indoor temperature built-in the console and 2 remote sensors, which can monitor 3 kinds of temperature and all displayed simultaneously, BATTERY NOT INCLUDE.
- Alarm Settings: When indoor or oudoor temperature exceed your pre-set minimum and maximum alarm value, the thermometer will make audio alarm and visual alarms to remind you, allowing you to be aware if adjustments are necessary for your household.
If you’re looking for a high-end wireless freezer alarms with a limited budget, this Esnow Freezer Thermometer is a good choice. The package comes with 1 indoor temperature (built-in the console) plus 2 remote sensors which allow you to simultaneously monitor the indoor, outdoor, and MIN/MAX temperatures.
When the indoor and outdoor temperatures exceed your pre-set range, this unit will alert you via audio and visual alarms. You can make the necessary adjustments in time to prevent your food from getting spoilt.
This model will offer you an extended range to help meet your unique needs. The outdoor temperatures fluctuation is -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60° C) while the indoor range is 32°F～122°F (0°C to 50° C).
For the installation part, you just need to mount the display unit to your freezer using the integrated magnets or by simply hanging it on the wall using keyhole.
All the 6 function keys are labeled to make this customizable temperature alarms easy to operate, even for kids and the older family members. The large LCD screen displays large digits which you can read without straining your eyes.
- Features 2 remote sensors
- Audio and visual alarms
- 328ft (open area) remote range
- Easy to install and operate
- Large, easy to read LCD screen
- Minimum & maximum temperatures recordings
- 12-month warranty service
6. ZTKEN Refrigerator Thermometer Wireless Digital Freezer Alarm
This wireless freezer alarms also comes with an indoor temperatures integrated into the console and 2 remote sensors to help you monitor the outdoor as well as indoor temperature.
The thermometer has an excellent transmission range of up to 328ft on an open area to help you monitor your fridge freezer from any room in your house.
Like all the other models featured on this list, this unit also has a customizable temperature alarms. And if the freezer temperatures exceeds these pre-set values, alarm settings will activate to help you make the necessary adjustments on time.
This fridge freezer is convenient to install as the main unit has a magnetic back and stand shelf for multiple mounting options. The 2 wireless sensors also feature hooks for easy hanging.
- Comes with 2 remote sensors
- Transmission range: up to 328ft
- MAX & MIN temperature records
- Monitors indoor and outdoor temperatures
- Easy to install
7. Ambient Weather WS-09 8-Channel Wireless Fridge or Freezer Alarm Set
- Simple to read, simple to use, and affordable, the WS-09 includes a thermometer in the console and can remotely read and update up to eight remote thermometer sensors at the same from the large digit, uncluttered display.
- Ideal for Refrigerator / Freezer applications but useful for other temperature applications, the WS-09 includes a display with programmable audible and visual alerts when temperature limits are exceeded.
For years, Ambient Weather has made a name for themselves with their top-quality and highly reliable weather measuring products. They’re the proud manufacturer of the popular Ambient Weather WS-09 8-Channel fridge or freezer alarm—which is simple to use, easy to read, and fairly priced.
One of the things that make this fridge freezer unique is its ability to monitor up to 8 remote thermometer sensors remotely. Couple this with its Large digit, uncluttered Jumbo LCD display and monitoring multiple locations at the same time becomes easier!
Another interesting feature is the optional calibration. For those looking for utmost accuracy in their refrigerator thermometer, you can take advantage of this feature to fine-tune or connect for the sensor errors.
The console comes with audible and visual freezer alarms that alter you when your freezer temperatures exceed the pre-set maximum and minimum settings. In addition to that, this unit also keeps a record of maximum and minimum temperatures over time. Note that you can preset this record manually.
One more feature you’ll love about this refrigerator thermometer is the scroll mode. This allows you to easily view the indoor thermometer as well as any other remote channels without necessarily pressing any buttons.
- 2 wireless temperature sensors
- Remote temperature range: -4°F to 140°F
- Update rate: 60 seconds
- Monitors temperature of up to 8 remote locations
- Re-sync mode in case of sensor interruptions
- Min/Max temperature recording
- Transmission range of up to 300ft
8. AMIR Refrigerator Thermometer, Sensor Temperature Monitor
- The Wireless Thermometer console includes audible and visual alarms when temperature exceed your pre-set minimum and maximum alarm settings.
- The large LCD display can show the temperature of the base station and transmitter at the same time. Thermometer range: indoor (-10 °C ~ 60 °C / 14 °F ~ 140 °F), outdoor (-40 °C ~ 60 °C / -40 °F ~ 140 °F). The accuracy can reach ±1°C /±2°F. The transmission range is 100M/328ft (open area). You can use it in the fridge, freezer or outdoor, which provides safe food storage.
AMIR Refrigerator Thermometer also does a great job when it comes to keeping your food safe and ensuring you don’t have to experience losses of your fridge goodies.
The package features the main unit and 2 remote sensors which allow you to monitor the indoor and outdoor temperatures simultaneously. The refrigerator thermometer itself boasts of a large LCD display with digit display to make it easy for you to read the temperature recordings.
It features dual progress display which warn you when your freezer temperatures exceed the pre-set values. In addition to this, this monitor will also provide you with max/min temperature recordings over time.
Featuring a compact and delicate design, this unit is straightforward to install. It offers you multiple installation options so you can choose the most convenient one for you. Even better, the console has 6 well-defined function keys to facilitate easy operation.
- Monitors indoor/outdoor temperature
- Dual progress display
- Easy to read LCD screen
- Multiple installation options
- Incredibly easy to operate
9. HEALCO Digital Fridge Freezer Alarm
- EASY TO READ FREEZER THERMOMETER - more large digital display screen, more clear with the Acrylic protector. Displays temperature in Celsius and Fahrenheit with high Accuracy (±1°C / ±5°F).
- DOUBLE ALARM FUNCTION WITH LED INDICATOR - a. Hi/Low outdoor or FREEZER ('OUT' reading is freezer temperature) alarm, you need to set the Hi/Lo temperature alarm; b. Frost point alarm, you don't need do any set of the alarm. Two choices, more convenient. The Frost Point Alarm is a default setting of the temperature range -1℃～+4℃(+30.2℉～+39.2℉).
HEALCO Digital Fridge Thermometer displays both indoor and outdoor temperatures. Similar to the previously discussed models, this thermometer allows you to pre-set the minimum and maximum temperature values for your frozen food. And it alerts you when these temperatures are exceeded.
The device has the main console which features a large digit, easy to read large LCD screen where you can easily view the current indoor and outdoor temperatures. Besides, this unit is also capable of keeping a memory of records to help you understand the temperature trend of any given areas.
There are two different ways of installing this thermometer. One, you can use the integrated magnets to place in the table. Or you can mount it outside your freezer using Its compact design ensures it doesn’t take up much room on your freezer.
- Indoor/outdoor temperature display
- Large digital display screen
- High accuracy: (±1°C / ±5°F)
- Easy, flexible installation
- LED alarm indicator light
- Min/Max temperature memory
10. Brannan Digital Freezer / Fridge Thermometer With Alarm
- Monitor temperature from four different locations!
- The compact WS-02 allows you to keep track air or water temperature, with this compact indoor and outdoor thermometer with 6 foot probe.
Last, but not the least, we have the Brannan Digital Freezer / Fridge Thermometer. This is one of the most affordable freezer alarms you can find on the market today. It allows you to set your preferred low and high temperatures values and alerts you if these values are exceeded, to ensure your frozen foods stay safe and fresh.
The operating temperature range for this unit is -50 to 70 ° (Celsius or Fahrenheit). Though this range might look slightly smaller compared to other models, it’s sure to meet the temperature monitoring needs of your refrigerator.
Remember that this freezer thermometer provides you with both indoor and outdoor temperature readings simultaneously.
The magnetic fixture at the back makes the installation part as easy as sticking it on your refrigerator wall or door. The device comes with battery included so you can start using right away.
- Max/min temperature feature
- High/low-temperature alarm
- Temperature range: -50 to 70 ° C&F
- Accuracy: Indoor: -20/70°C +/-1C
- Reading updates after every 10 seconds
How To Get The Best Freezer Alarm For You?
When it comes to selecting the best freezer alarm, there are certain aspects you should keep in mind to ensure you get the most suitable model for your unique needs.
These factors include:
The first thing you should look for in a freezer alarm is how it sends you alerts. The best model should be able to send you audio as well as visual alerts. This will make it easier for you to receive the alerts on time and make the necessary adjustments to keep your frozen food safe.
For the audio part, we suggest that you look for a model that beeps until you manually put it off. The best thing about such a system is that it’ll not go off before you actually get the warning.
Types of readings
You should also pay attention to the kinds of readings offered by the freezer alarm you plant to buy.
As you’ve seen in our top-rated products, the best freezer alarms are capable of monitoring indoor as well as outdoor temperatures.
They’re also able to keep a memory of the maximum and minimum temperature recordings. These particular readings are crucial in helping you understand the temperature trends of any given place.
How easy is the main unit to use? The best freezer alarm for your home should come with an intuitive, easy to operate unit. Unless it is easy to work you may spend a lot of time first operation it, and then fixing it in case something goes wrong. Furthermore it will be difficult for anyone else to use it.
Each key should be clearly labeled so that even a 3-year old kid or older family member knows its function. Units with fewer operations buttons are usually easier to operate.
While still on it, check the display panel of the unit. It should not only be bigger but should also display larger digits to help you take the temperature readings.
Ease of installation
You want to ensure the device you invest in does not give you headaches when it comes to installing?
Well, look for a model that’s super-easy and fast to set up.
Most of the top-rated models you’ll find on the market actually offer you up to 3 options— the magnetic back, tabletop, or hanging—to enable you to choose the most convenient one for you.
Don’t forget to look if the device manufacturer offers you any warranty. Get something that is the worth of the money you spend. This must include the warranty options. Most reputable manufacturers do offer warranty anyway.
You might not know this, but a warranty acts as a way of the manufacturer assuring you of the quality of their product.
If you get a product with a warranty, you can easily send it back to the owner if it doesn’t meet your needs or even ask for a replacement if the current one fails.
The longer the warranty period, the better the deal!
- Transmission range: a freezer alarm with more extended transmission range makes it possible for you to monitor your freezer temperatures when you’re far from it.
- Number of sensors: models that come with more than one remote sensor enable you to monitor several areas simultaneously.
- Update frequency: a freezer alarm that frequently updates its readings is more reliable in monitoring your freezer temperatures
- Power source: ensure that the batteries required to run the device are readily available for hassle-free replacement when the need arises.
- Low battery indicator: this feature is crucial as it helps you replace the batteries on time to ensure continued unit functionality.
Monitoring the temperature of your freezer is crucial to ensure your frozen food, medication, and other frozen assets do not get damaged.
If your freezer temperature rises or fall below the normal range, the freezer alarm will alert you immediately. Ultimately, this will help you take the right action on time to prevent huge damages, losses, and frustrations.
Our list of the 10 best freezer alarms above will present you with the most reliable devices on the market today for monitoring your freezer temperatures.
Be sure to check our buying tips for the key aspects to look for in an ideal freezer alarm. If you have more questions, suggestions, recommendations or further inquiries, get in touch and let us know using the comment section down below.