Imagine you’re used to refreshing, robust showers and then one day you wake up to a dripping stream that takes you forever to get clean? That’s how frustrating and irritating low water pressure in your home can become. Therefore, you need to get your hands on the best water pressure booster pump to solve such a problem.
While there are many possible causes of low water pressure, there’s only one way to solve this problem for good.
And that is installing the best water pressure booster pump into your home water system. This helpful device will simply boost the pressure of your home water, bringing back your robust showers.
In this post, you’ll discover more about the booster pump—including how to choose the most suitable model for your home and the 10 top-rated models you can get on the market today.
What Is Pressure Booster Pump and Why You Need One?
Pressure booster pump is simply that…a pump specially designed to help increases the pressure of water in your pipes.
The pump simply works by drawing water from the community line and increasing its PSI to ensure water flows with consistent pressure in your home faucets and showerfeed. Majority of these pumps are capable of adding up to 40-60PSI, which is more than enough for domestic water pressure.
If your house is situated at a higher level than the water supply line, the water pressure is likely to be affected. Likewise, all the buildings and homes situated at the end of the community water supply line will get affected. Not to forget that the top floor of your building is likely to receive low water pressure.
In all these cases, installing a water pressure booster pump is the only solution to increasing water pressure.
Another instance where you’ll need to install a water pressure booster pump for home is when the community water supply line experiences problems arising from the city water shutoff valve.
For the homeowners doing some home renovations, say fitting new kitchens and bathrooms, you might also consider installing a water pressure booster pump to ensure water flows at the right pressure in the new faucets or shower.
RULE of THUMB: If the pressure of your home water system lies below 30psi, then you need a pressure booster pump!
Our Best Water Pressure Booster Pump Reviews:
1. Simer 3075SS-01 3/4 HP Pressure Booster Pump
Our list of the best water booster pump for home reviews kicks off with the Simer 3075SS-01 3/4 HP Pressure Booster Pump. Since this pump comes with an economic-friendly cost, we recommend it to all homeowners who want to boost the pressure of their home faucets without breaking the bank.
The pump is capable of raising the pressure of your domestic water up to 40psi, depending on the flow rate (the maximum flow rate if 26 gallons per minute). It comes with a powerful ¾ horsepower motor that acts as its powerhouse, enabling it to function continuously and reliably.
Note that the pump’s female NPT intake pipe male NPT discharge pipe measure 1-inch, providing just the right flow speed for a typical home. this pump ONLY runs when water is flowing and produces extremely low noise (similar to the humming of your refrigerator).
Because this pump comes with a stainless steel housing, it’s 100% resistant to corrosion and rust. This makes it a highly durable model that will serve you for an extended period of time. It’s shipped ready for installation and features a 6ft. 115V power cord.
- Highly durable pump
- 3/4 Horsepower motor
- 24 GPM flow rate
- Easy to use
- Stainless steel housing
- Max pressure boost: 40psi
2. Grundfos MQ3-45 1 HP Pressure Booster Pump
- Simple operation - self priming
- Automatic reset function
Grundfos MQ3-45 comes as a complete, all-in-one system that incorporates the boost pump and diaphragm tank. The biggest benefit of investing in this pump is that startups are drastically reduced since the reserve tank hold water. The less the pump is needed, the longer it’ll last.
This complete unit also does a good job of boosting the water pressure in your home. It can increase the pressure of your home water up to 45psi. What’s more, it’s capable of pulling water from a 26ft depth in a matter of less than 5 minutes.
With the self-priming feature, this pump is incredibly easy to operate. It also comes with a built-in alarm that detects cases of overheating or when there’s no water flow and automatically puts off the machine. The same sensor will reactive your machine when it’s safe to run. This will help protect your pump from costly damages.
Other noteworthy features of this pump include a compact design, which makes this pump suitable for those with limited space. It’s hassle-free to install and is built using durable, corrosion-resistant materials for maximum longevity.
- Self-priming for easy operation
- Automatic reset function
- Built-in pressure tank
- Easy and quick to install
- 24-month warranty
3. Davey Water Products BT20-30T2-USA Home Pressure Booster Pump
- Pressure Boost = 50 psi (30 psi at 20 gpm)
- Stainless Steel Impellers and Pump Casing
Davey Water Products BT20-30T2-USA is a high-end booster pump that will meet the needs of homeowners with bigger houses with multiple water outlets. Though the initial cost of this model might seem too high, you’ll take home a long-lasting pump that gives you consistent water pressure supply.
You’ll need to assemble the pump on your own. However, this is a relatively easy process for you…especially due to the fact that an easy-to-follow manual comes with the box.
Once set up, the pump is able to elevate the pressure of your home water up to a maximum of 50psi!
Unlike other boosters which rely on float switch controllers, this model uses the Torrium-II controllers. This places the pump above all its competitors in that it enables it to activate as soon as you turn on the faucet. An added benefit of having a pump with these controllers is that they also easily adapt to changing weather conditions—eliminating possible interruptions in water pressure.
The included pressure indicator window will make it easy for you to see your home current water pressure. Keep in mind that this boost pump comes with a stainless steel design for corrosion resistant and extended lifespan.
- Up to 50psi pressure boost
- Stainless steel housing & impellers
- Power surge protected
- Dry-run protected
- Flexible S/S FIP discharge hose
4. BurCam 506532SS Water Pressure Booster Pump
- DUAL APPLICATION JET PUMP: Designed for shallow wells up to 25' deep or to boost municipal water pressure.
- CONSTANT PRESSURE CONVENIENCE: provides a consistent household pressure in the whole home and eliminates the need of a pressure tank and pressure switch.
Also featured on our best water pressure booster pump reviews list is the BurCam 506532SS Water Pressure Booster Pump. This particular model is built for dual application, which means you can use it as a low water pressure booster or shallow water jet pump.
The pump is designed to boost the pressure of water to an incredibly high level of 65psi. it’s also capable of pumping water from an excellent depth of 200ft. It’s also important to note that this pump delivers a flow rate of 890 gallons per hour at a pressure of 30psi. Thanks to its floating stack design, the sand locking risk is significantly minimized.
You’ll also appreciate the pump’s controller which senses pressure drop whenever you turn your faucets or the shower on. This enables the pump to jump into action in time and boost the water pressure.
Incredibly easy to install and use, the pump features a powerful ¾ Horsepower which gives it the great pressure boosting capabilities. The motor is fully enclosed and fan-cooled to prevent overheating and overloading. The stainless steel body makes this pump durable enough to serve you for a longer period of time.
- Durable stainless steel body
- High-performance Noryl impeller
- Maximum pressure: 65 PSI
- Max flowrate: 15 gpm
- 1″ NPT suction and discharge
- Comes with 10ft. power cord
- 24-month warranty
5. BOKYWOX 90W Water Pressure Booster Pump
- 1.Buy 1 pump, get 2 flow switches. 1 switch is necessary, the other is for backup. If the pump does not work, please use the other flow switch for replacement.
- 2.Suitable for 1 room(bathroom or kitchen) , 2 to 4 faucets. Connection size: G 3/4" on pump ports, G 1/2" on unions, suitable to 1/2" pipe. A minimum inlet flow rate of 0.6 GPM is required to ensure automatic starting.
If all you need is a simple pressure booster pump that will heighten the water pressure of 1-2 faucets (or for one room, say kitchen or bathroom), BOKYWOX 90W Water Pressure Booster Pump is your go-to pump.
The affordably priced pump comes ready to add a maximum of 14.5psi pressure to your water system. It’s designed to automatically adjust to your needs—ensuring you never get frustrated by inconsistent water pressure again. It boats of a powerful 90W motor that enables it to carry out its intended job reliably.
Despite its simplicity, this pump is designed to last a lifetime. This is evident from the durable materials (cast iron plus brass) used to construct it.
Just like most of the pumps featured on this list, this pump is also incredibly easy to install and use. The water float switch and related fittings come included in the package. To start automatically, this pump requires a minimum flow rate of 0.6 gallons per minute (GPM).
- Durable cast iron plus brass body
- Adds up to 14.5 PSI to your water
- Easy to use and install
- Powerful 90W motor
- Connection size: NPT 1/2″ on unions, G 3/4″ on pump ports
- Water flow switch, fittings included
6. Hayward 6060 0.75 HP Booster Pump
- Uses up to 40% less energy than other booster pumps, reducing pool operating costs
- Suitable for all pressure cleaners requiring a booster pump
If you desperately need to boost the pressure of your pressure cleaner, then the Hayward 6060 0.75 HP Booster Pump was made with your needs in mind. The pump works with ALL types of pressure pumps you can imagine and is sure to deliver an exceptional performance.
The biggest reason why people love this pump is energy-efficient nature. In other words, the unit consumes 40% less than most of the other pumps out there, helping reduce your energy bills.
The pump comes with the 1-1/2″ plumbing union fittings which help improve its overall performance while facilitating hassle-free installation or replacement/removal. What’s more, it comes with 3/4″ hose barb union adapters which facilitate easy retrofit to the existing installation (using flexible hose for the pump connections.
You’ll also realize that this pump has a taller mounting base. This isn’t a design flaw; rather, it’s a well-thought-out design that helps increase the motor ventilation as well as prevent flooding.
- Uses 40% less energy than the competition
- Ideal for pressure cleaners
- 1.5-inch union fittings
- 3/4-in hose barb union adapters
- Tall mounting base
- Exceptionally quiet performance
7. Flojet 02840100A Marine High Volume Water System
- Integrated pump and tank system
- May be mounted vertically or horizontally
If you’re looking for a whole house water booster pump, you can’t go wrong with the Flojet 02840100A water system. As an all-in-one unit, this model incorporates the booster pump as well as a tank system.
The complete unit is a real deal when it comes to raising the low water supply. It’s capable of providing constant water pressure supply up to a maximum of 40psi, making it suitable for the average homes. It also has an excellent maximum water flow rate of 4.5 gallons per minute (at 10 psi setting), ensuring faster water flow.
As a fully automatic booster pump, this model will be able to detect when the water pressure has dropped and come to your rescue without manually activating it. Note that it features built-in inlet strainer pressure switch plus a check valve—the two of which work together to enhance a smooth flow of water out of your faucets.
Installing the water system is straightforward as you only need the water lines to be connected and plugging in the power cord. You can choose to install this unit horizontally or vertically, depending on the available space.
- Integrated pump & tank system
- Fully automatic pump
- Up to 40psi pressure boost
- Max. Flow rate: 4.5gpm
- One-year warranty
8. Zodiac PB4-60 Polaris Booster Pump with 60-Hertz Motor
- Ultra high efficiency 3/4 horsepower motor
- Heavy duty single piece base. Amps: 6.4/12.8
The Polaris Booster Pump is specially designed to boost the water pressure of the Polaris side pool cleaners, ensuring maximum cleaning efficiency.
This particular Zodiac PB4-60 Polaris Booster Pump delivers high-performance power, ultra-quiet operation, and durability, making it a favorite for everyone. Even with its low profile, the motor is able to deliver a peak performance, thanks to its high-efficiency ¾ horsepower motor.
The booster pump is also energy-efficient, enabling you to save as much power (and money) as possible.
Installing the boost pump is pretty easy and quick since the soft tube hose and quick connectors come included in the package.
It comes with a redesigned, larger volute with O-ring seal to help eliminate leak possibilities. The ergonomic drain plug is also fitted with O-ring to enhance tool-free pump removal when winterizing or draining.
- High-efficiency 3/4 HP motor
- Heavy-duty single-piece base
- Ergonomic drain plug w/ring
- Captured back plate nut fasteners
- Redesigned volute seal O-ring
- Quick and easy installation
9. Aquatec 8800 series 8852 water pressure boost pump
- This pump is great for Aeroponics, hydroponics, misting applications
- This is 24VAC pump with 115V 60Hz transformer.
Aquatec 8800 series 8852 is another popular water booster pump pick you can find on the market today. This particular pump is designed for misting or aeroponics applications.
The pump comes fitted with a heavy-duty 3-amp transformer which translates to a more powerful and reliable performance. This transformer is the secret behind the booster pump’s ability to raise the pressure of water up to 100psi!
Unlike similar pumps which come with a plastic mounting bracket, this model features a heavy-duty steel mounting bracket which is much stronger and longer lasting.
- Heavy-duty 3-amp transformer
- Heavy-duty steel mounting bracket
- Increases water pressure up to 100psi
- Adjustable bypass pressure
- Built-in quick connect fitting
- 3/8″ inlet /outlet
10. Express Water Demand Delivery Pump 110 V Pressure Boost Pump
- Water Delivery Pump 110 V with Multi Use Applications
- Pressurize Water from a Storage Tank
If you’re looking for a pump that will efficiently pressurize water from your storage tank, the Express Water Demand Delivery Pump 110 V Pressure Boost Pump will work for you. The pump can heighten the pressure of your tank water up to 90psi!
This versatile pump is made to not only pressure the water in your storage tank but to also deliver purified water to a given point of use…or to simply increase the water pressure when the need arises. For this reason, this pump finds use in misting systems, carbonation systems, medical lab ware, multi-fixture RV water installations, and even water treatment.
The affordably priced boost pump plugs into the standard 110V electric outlet. It has thermal overload protection and automatic restart for reliable and dependable operation.
Since it features quick connect ports (sizes 1/4″ and 3/8″), installing this pump is hassle-free and fast. Add to the fact that it self-primes up to 6.5ft., and you’ll not have any issues operating it.
- Multi-use applications
- Can pressurize storage tank water
- Hassle-free installation
- Ports: 1/4″ & 3/8″ Quick Connect
- Self-primes up to 6.5ft.
- Thermal overload motor protection
How to Install a Pressure Booster Pump For Home?
A typical pressure booster pump is designed to be installed in your home’s main water line. As you’ve seen from the top-rated pumps we’ve just discussed above, the installation process is quite easy and fast.
This is how you do it:
1. Start by turning off your main water supply valve at the meter. Also, drain all the water in your pumps and leave your faucets open to help release trapped air before/after installation.
2. With the help of an emery paper, clean off the water pipe leading into your house. This will enable the pump fittings to easily grip on the pipe.
3. Now grab a tubing cutter and cut into the water supply line.
4. Set your booster pump into place. You’ll also need to cut and assemble the copper pipe as well as fittings that will run from the booster pump to existing water supply line.
5. now disassemble the copper pipes as well as the fittings and clean each part using the emery paper.
6. Apply flux to the connections and then solder the parts together.
7. To connect your pressure booster pump to the electrical panel, you might need to hire a licensed electrician. Most models require a dedicated GFCI circuit which will require some professional installation.
8. When everything is set, open the water supply valve at the meter and allow the faucets to run for a few minutes to release any trapped air inside the pipes.
9. Check the pressure indicator of your new pump to see if the water pressure has really improved. If you’ve done the setup correctly, you should be able to see results.
NOTE: For more info on how to install your specific model of water pressure booster pump, be sure to refer to your pump’s user manual.
How To Buy One?
The process of buying a water booster pump for home isn’t always easy. This is because different models are made with different pressure boosting capabilities and you’ll need to know which one will suit your unique pumping needs.
However, paying attention to the following factors will help you find the right boost pump for your home:
- Pressure rating: the highest level of pressure (expressed in pounds per square inch, psi) a pump can add to your home water system is one of the most important things to look for in a pressure booster pump. Work out the difference between the current water pressure and the normal water pressure of your system to get an idea of what pressure boost you’ll need.
- Durability: you should also ensure that the pump you want to buy is made from durable materials for increased lifespan. Models made from stainless steel metal are usually corrosion-resistant and long-lasting.
- Flow rate: the maximum flow rate of a booster pump (expressed in gallons per minute, GPM) refers to the highest volume of water a pump can discharge in a minute. Knowing how much water you need to flow out of your home faucets will help you pick a pump with a matching flow rate.
- Self-priming: a self-priming pump is much easier to operate as it’s able to pull fluid into the inlet without any manual assistance.
- Power requirements: look a pump that can work with your home electric outlets to eliminate the need to hire an electrician during the installation process.
Installing a water pressure booster pump in your home is crucial if you want to increase the pressure of water coming out of all your home faucets and showers. This helpful device does a good job of raising the water pressure up to 60psi or more, depending on the model you buy.
The best water pressure booster pump for your home will depend on your specific water pressure needs. Our post above has listed the 10 most popular boost pumps on the market today that will provide you with consistent water pressure in your home at all times.
Make sure you follow our quick buying guide to learn the key considerations to make when buying a boost pump that matches your needs and requirements.