Hot tubs are frequently used nowadays because of its medical and therapeutic aspects. These cover a wide range of beneficial possibilities apart from usage in hotels, houses and various establishments. When you visualize a hot tub in your mind, you naturally start imagining a serene atmosphere with warm steam around you. Immediately, a sense of relaxation comes from within. It is therefore important to maintain a hot tub without using chemicals that can be harmful.
Hot tubs are thus an integral part of such establishments which are dedicated in providing you with a soothing environment as an escapade from our monotonous lives. These tubs need proper maintenance and are therefore not to be neglected as they have a good utility to us.
Why Are Hot Tubs Beneficial?
Hot tubs are an essential constituent of therapy sessions at medical health care facilities. Apart from the fact that we need them for a quick relaxing or soothing session.
They are prescribed to patients suffering from acute or chronic sore joints, arthritis (joint inflammation) and arthralgia (joint pain), muscle pain and cramps, sore feet and back problems.
It is also indicated in Ayurveda and natural therapy treatments as believed by the practitioners that hot water baths are incredibly beneficial in relieving such issues. Providing a soothing sensation in such painful conditions.
Even if you need a quick getaway or feel like a relaxing time can give you a break that you very much needed, hot baths are a perfect option.
How to Maintain A Hot Tub
These are the basic aspects in the process of cleaning a hot tub:
Replacing The Water
Replacing the remaining water in exchange for a new pool is a primary step in cleaning a hot tub. But it might lead to an admixture of both and cause contamination. In such cases, line flushing is an important step.
Flushing out the lines that have already been built up in your tub can result in contamination of the previous water with the newly replaced water and make it dull. In circumstances like these, molds and germs may get a chance to accumulate inside.
Thus, the lines should be flushed using a high-quality flush from local pool supply stores. A line flushing can help the tub run efficiently over a long period.
Taking Care Of The Motor:
The hot tub works on a mechanism of pumping and filtering the water regularly conducted by a motor. This motor ceases to stop functioning correctly if proper care is not given to the power circuit.
The on and off switches should be handled properly. A failure in switching the power off after use can cause the functionality of the motor pump to deteriorate.
How to Maintain A Hot Tub – Cleaning The Water
Some pumps should be installed through which the water flows through drains and migrates to the soil quickly. Drain plugs can also be used to clean the water properly.
A solution of vinegar and warm water can be used to clean the tub. As this works as an effective cleanser for bathtub dirt and scum. Bleaching solutions are also effective but may be advised to be avoided due to their long term hazardous effects.
The filters of the tub can get accumulated with filth frequently and should be thus removed for thorough cleaning. Chlorine solution can be used in dilution with water to make a cleanser for the filter with the use of the scrub previously used to clean the tub.
This will result in proper disinfection of the screen. After the filter has been cleaned thoroughly, place it carefully inside the cabinet again. Do this after carefully looking at the instructions manual and making sure all the parts fit in place.
How to Maintain A Hot Tub – Washing Instructions
To obtain the best results, the filter should be cleaned with a detergent/dishwasher solution twice. This can be done by turning the screen over between the washes.
The filter may be sprayed with vinegar at first to ensure that the dirt which is hard to get off can be taken out easily.
Appropriate instructions on how to use a solution which your model filter can withstand are displayed on the manual. Spray vinegar or olive oil over the filter cabinet once a week to prevent the growth of molds inside. A filter cabinet is an ideal place for microbes to grow so it must be kept neat to avoid bacterial growth.
How to Maintain A Hot Tub – Start Over Again
After the washing has been carefully done, the reservoir of your tub needs to be filled with clean water through a pipe and turn the motor on. This should be done to check if the hot water tub is running correctly and if any problem is being faced or not.
In case you hear queer sounds it might indicate that the parts have not been properly attached or something might be trapped inside the filter. Checking the tub while it is running will be of great help in the end.
Introduce some mineral salts available at the local pool supply store to maintain the alkalinity of the water and to control the pH levels as required by some hot water tubs. Take care so that the temperature is at an optimum level according to the instruction manual.
Decorating The Space
Aromatic scented candles and sprays can be kept around the tub to introduce a warm atmosphere while taking a bath. It also adds to the serenity of the environment as well. Miniature banyan artificial plants or wall climbers can add a nice touch to the space and make it look presentable as well.
How to Maintain A Hot Tub – Tips To Enhance The Quality Of The Water In Your Tub
Here are a few tips that you should know about;
- Add bromine tablets weekly to fumigate the water.
- Avoid acidic solutions as cleansers as much as possible.
- Spray vinyl over the tub cover as it is the most exposed part and needs protection to a high extent.
- Check the growth of algae by inspecting the color of the water.
- A perfect disinfectant for your pool is 50 ppm chloride solution if you’re looking for an option that covers all sectors during cleansing.
- Use vacuum cleaner in case there’s sand. This process comes after removing all the previous contaminated water.
Hot Tub Cleaning Kits And Accessories You Will Need To Maintain A Hot Tub
Whaline 4pcs Swimming Pool Skimmer Net Hot Tub Maintenance Accessory Kit
- PRACTICAL KIT – The package includes a complete cleaning tools set: 1 x pool net, 1 x scrubbing brush, 1 x sponge brush and a pair of latex gloves of size L, light-weight and convenient for use
- STRETCHABLE NET – The size of net is about 20 x 15.5 cm / 8'' x 6'', and the stick of the pool net is stretchable, the total length of the pool net is about 29.5 cm / 11.6’’ (not stretch), 65.5 cm / 25.8’’ (stretchable length).NOTE:This net is suitable for bathtubs and fish tanks. It can be used to collect leaves, insects and garbage. There is no difference!
This maintenance cleaning kit is a great tool for you and your family. With this wonderful tool and accessory set, you can keep your SPA, hot tub, or small swimming pool in top shape. Cleaning is simple, and time is saved.
The package contains a full range of cleaning equipment, including: 1 pool net, 1 scrubbing brush, 1 sponge brush, and a pair of light-weight and simple to use latex gloves in size L. The net is stretchy. The net measures around 20 x 15.5 cm / 8″ x 6″, and the stick of the pool net is stretchable. The entire length of the pool net is approximately 29.5 cm / 11.6″ (not stretch), and 65.5 cm / 25.8″ (stretchable length).
NOTE: This net is designed for use in bathtubs and fish tanks. It is useful for collecting leaves, insects, and rubbish. There is no distinction!
Features and Advantages:
Detachable scrubbing brush – The scrubbing brush is approximately 15 x 5 cm / 6″ x 2″, is lightweight and durable, and is easy to clean for inner sidewall cleaning. It may also be separated into two cleaning brushes, the tiny blue one for cleaning the spaces around the pool and hot tub.
Bendable sponge brush – The sponge brush is approximately 13.5 x 8.5 cm / 5″ x 3″ and can be bent to clean along the waterline and maintain the spa clear of film and greasy residues. It is long-lasting and simple to use.
The best option for spa, hot tub, and swimming pool cleaning supplies. Stretchable pool net, detachable scrubbing brush, flexible sponge brush, and a pair of gloves make cleaning simple and convenient.
Plastic, nylon mesh, stainless steel, sponge, and latex are some of the materials used. Blue, white, and grey are the colors used.
Size: The pool net is approximately 20 x 15 cm / 8″ x 6″. The overall length of the pool net is about 29.5 cm / 11.6″ (without stretching), and 65.5 cm / 25.8″ (with stretching) (stretchable length) The sponge brush is around 13.5 x 8.5 cm / 5″ x 3″. Scrubbing brush dimensions: about 15 x 5 cm / 6″ x 2″ The latex gloves are sized as follows: L
4 parts in total
1 x Pool Net
1 x Scrubbing Brush
1 x Sponge Brush
1 x Latex Gloves
Note: Due to hand measuring, there may be some dimension errors.
Blissun Pool Skimmer Net To Maintain A Hot Tub
- HIGH QUALITY: This pool skimmer net consist of sturdy ABS plastic frame and nice mesh net bag, the strong and durable frame make it won't bend, twist or break under load, great for long lasting use. The fine mesh net bag allows it to collect more debris at a time, effectively holding the leafs within the net bag while gliding through the water.
- SAFE TO USE: This pool leaf rake with curved and smooth edges, won't damage your swimming pool sides.
Excellent quality. This pool skimmer net is made of a solid ABS plastic frame and a fine mesh net bag. The strong and durable structure prevents it from bending, twisting, or breaking under pressure, making it ideal for long-term usage. Because of the tiny mesh net bag, it can capture more garbage at once, effectively keeping the leaves within the net bag while gliding over the water.
It is safe to use. This pool leaf rake has curved and smooth edges that will not damage your swimming pool sides, as well as a wide-mouth design for quickly and easily picking up trash from the pool’s bottom.
Most regular pool poles will fit. This swimming pool cleaner is simple to set up; simply push the button and attach it to a pool net pole. The universal holder is designed to work with most common pool poles (pole not included).
Wide range of applications. In just a few passes, the pool leaf cleaner with a fine mesh bag can manage big removals or even minute fragments, such as leaves, dirt, and bugs. This hand skimmer cleans leaves and debris quickly, easily, and efficiently in spas, hot tubs, ponds, swimming pools, fountains, or inflatable child pools. Water is left sparkling clean and welcoming!
Dimensions of the net frame are satisfactory. This leaf rake cleaning tool, which measures 8.7″ to 11.5″ broad x 16.7″ long and features a 2.8″ fine mesh netting basket, takes the trouble out of cleaning your pool, leaving you with less mess and more time to enjoy summer fun with friends and family!
Kungfu Mall Cleaning Kit To Maintain A Hot Tub
- Multifunction Pool Skimmer: With deep net it is a perfect tool for scooping out debris, leaves, insects. It's very effective to keep your pool clean.
- Easy to Use: The awesome quality thick plastic frame and nice mesh design make the pool skimmer easy and convenient to use. It works without a pole.
Kungfu’s this kit is a multifunction pool and hot tub skimmer. With its deep net, it is an ideal instrument for scooping up trash, leaves, and insects from the pool. It’s a great way to maintain your pool clean. It is simple to use as well. The pool skimmer’s excellent quality thick plastic frame and wonderful mesh design make it simple and pleasant to use. It operates without the use of a pole.
This hot tub cleaning kit will clean your hot tub thoroughly. The multi-purpose brush aids in the removal of debris and grime from the pool’s inner wall. Application is not hard and can be done by anybody. Ideal for cleaning spas, swimming pools, hot tubs, and fish tanks. You will receive one pool skimmer, one paddling pool brush, one scrubber pad, and one glove.
- Durable, tightly woven fine mesh net material easily eliminates leaves and debris;
- Lightweight, simple to transport and use. As a result, you could maintain any location clean.
- Pool skimmer is good at gathering debris and leaves in the pool, brush assists in removing dirt and pool inner sidewall, so professional cleaner helps you keep clear and healthy water.
- Suitable for pool, spas, hot tubs, large fish tank.
Material: Made of durable and eco-friendly PP and PE material.
Size: 12 *17 inch / 30 * 44 CM
S-Union Portable Jet Vacuum Underwater Cleaner with Brushes & Leaf Bag To Maintain A Hot Tub
- 【Durable Quality】Made of high quality ABS material, which ensures the maximum durability. The pool jet vacuum cleaner is easy to assemble. No need of complex process, you can assemble the whole pool jet vacuum cleaner quickly.
- 【Unique Design】The pool jet vacuum cleaner is compact and easy to carry. Its simple design bring much convenience for your life. The bottom of the pool vacuum head has a brush design that can thoroughly clean the dust or stubborn stains at the bottom of the pool in all directions. EZ Clip Handle fits connect 1.25 inch diameter pool pole. Highly Recommend to use our 12TF pool pole (B089N5V9MK) or 16.5FT pool pole (B08DKK5VDX).
High quality, durable materials that are safe to use, this vacuum cleaner is made of high grade ABS plastic for optimum durability. The pool jet vacuum cleaner is simple to put together. There is no need for a complicated process; you can easily assemble the entire pool jet vacuum cleaner.
The pool jet vacuum cleaner has a one-of-a-kind design that makes it portable and easy to use. Its basic design adds a lot of ease to your life. The bottom of the pool vacuum head is designed with a brush that can completely clean the dust or tenacious stains at the pool’s bottom in all directions. The EZ Clip Handle attaches to a 1.25-inch-diameter pool pole. We strongly advise you to use our 12TF pool pole or 16.5FT pool pole.
Applicability and how to make it work:
The pool handheld jet vacuum heads are ideal for above-ground pools, spas, ponds, fountain hot tubs, and big pools that require spot cleaning. It has the ability to keep your pools clean and fresh.
This pool vacuum cleaner is simple to put together for underwater cleaning and is driven by the water pressure from a garden hose. The suction action created by the hose’s water pressure may swiftly pull leaves and other debris into the collecting bag. Simply connect to your garden hose; it’s a really simple and cost-effective solution!
What you get inside the package:
1 suction tip, 1 mesh bag, 1 quick connector, 1 buckle, and 1 handle Extra 3 * EZ Clips and 3 * Fixed Pins are included as a free gift.
On top of it you get a return policy and one year warranty. If you are dissatisfied with the goods for any reason, you may request a replacement or a full refund.
BOSIKE 7 in 1 Hot Tub Test Strips To Maintain A Hot Tub
- FAST AND ACCURATE HOT TUB TEST STRIPS: Just dip a strip into water for 2 seconds and then remove it. Hold the strip horizontally for 30 seconds. Compare with color chart and read within 30 seconds.
- WIDELY APPLICATIONS: These pool water test strips are widely used for swimming pool, spa, bath, hot tub and other water chemicals testing. Researches show that you should test your hot tub and swimming pool at least twice a week, so you can monitor your water quality at regular intervals!
Hot tub test strips that are quick and accurate. All you need to do is to simply immerse a strip in water for 2 seconds before removing it. Next, for around 30 seconds, hold the strip horizontally. Within 30 seconds, compare with the color chart and read. You will know whether your hot tub needs to be cleaned or not in a short amount of time.
Applicability of these test strips is broad. These pool water test strips are commonly used for evaluating the chemicals in swimming pools, spas, baths, hot tubs, and other bodies of water. According to studies, you should test your hot tub and swimming pool at least twice a week in order to monitor the water quality at regular intervals!
Results will be highly precise. This hot tub test kit is constructed of high quality fiber paper and a NO COLOR BLEEDING pad, which delivers quick and dependable results for hot tub chemicals and other water testing.
This kit is quite affordable as it comes in 7 in 1 standard form. This kit tests for basics such as Total Hardness, Free Chlorine, Bromine, Total Chlorine, Cyanuric Acid, Total Alkalinity, and pH levels to provide you with an accurate reading of water parameters. Each strip tests for all outcomes that are easily readable.
These spa test strips are packed in a tightly sealed vial to guarantee the strips may be stored for up to two years.
Pool Supply Professional Heavy Duty Set To Maintain A Hot Tub, Spa and Pond
- Pro Spa, Hot Tub Cleaning, and Maintenance Set: Premium set includes a Small Spa Net, Small Spa Brush, Attachable 4 foot Pole (4 Pieces), and a Small Spa Chemical Dispenser. The ideal set of cleaning and maintenance items for fast, easy, and efficient cleanup of leaves and debris in spas, hot tubs, ponds, small above ground swimming pools, or inflatable kid, kiddie pools. Not made for use with full-size swimming pools.
- Spa Net for Skimming the Finest Debris: Ideal durable daily use small leaf skimmer net allows you to skim out the finest debris. Spa net frame dimensions 8.5" wide x 8.5" long with 9" deep ultra-fine mesh netting basket. Net measures nearly 5 feet long with a 4-foot pole attached. Net has a rubber bumper safety scoop so that it won't mar pool liners or other surfaces.
Pool Supply is your one-stop shop for professional, high-quality, and reasonably priced pool cleaning and maintenance products. The manufacturer provides all of the necessary things to assist home pool owners in caring for and maintaining their own pools. Therefore eliminating the need for costly scheduled pool service specialists.
Premium package contains a Small Spa Net, Small Spa Brush, Attachable 4 foot Pole (4 Pieces), and a Small Spa Chemical Dispenser. The excellent cleaning and maintenance set for quick, easy, and effective removal of leaves and debris in spas, hot tubs, ponds, small above ground swimming pools, or inflatable kiddie pools. It is not intended for use with full-size swimming pools.
Heavy Duty Spa Net for Skimming the Finest Debris
A tiny leaf skimmer net that is ideal for everyday usage and allows you to skim away the finest debris. The net frame is 8.5″ wide by 8.5″ long and has a 9″ deep ultra-fine mesh netting basket. The net is approximately 5 feet long and comes with a 4-foot pole. The net includes a rubber bumper safety scoop that prevents it from scratching pool liners or other surfaces.
Heavy-Duty Spa Scrubber Brush
The heavy-duty bristles of the tiny spa brush provide for rapid and simple cleaning and sweeping of dirt from walls, floors, and corners. The accompanying 4-foot pole may be used to connect the net or brush.
Spa Chemical Dispenser with Thermometer
High-quality tiny 4-1/2″ Diameter chemical dispenser contains up to five 1″ tablets or four 1-1/2″ chlorine or bromine tablets (not included). A thermometer with a temperature range of 30° to 120° F (0° to 50° C) is molded into the dispenser’s side. Adjustable control ring for balancing chemical distribution. Tie string loop is included.
PoolSupplyTown Jet Vacuum Cleaner with Brush and 4’ Feet Pole To Maintain A Hot Tub
- Package comes with 4-feet poles. It has everything you need to vacuum your pool. It also comes with a EXTRA vacuum head handle. You can use it with a telescopic pool pole (Not included) to vacuum your pool.
- Vacuum debris and brush pool at the same time. Ideal for frame above ground/inflatable pools, spa, waterfall, fountain, hot tub, and pond.
The package includes four 4-foot poles. It comes with everything you’ll need to vacuum your pool. It also has an EXTRA vacuum head handle. You may vacuum your pool with it and a telescopic pool pole (not supplied).
Vacuum both the trash and the brush pool at the same time. Ideal for above-ground and inflatable pools, spas, waterfalls, fountains, hot tubs, and ponds.
Suck up detritus in the pool with the pressure of your garden hose. The water pressure from your garden hose generates a Venturi effect within this jet vacuum, creating powerful suction and pulling leaves and debris from the pool bottom into the vacuum’s mesh bag.
ELECTRIC POWER IS NOT REQUIRED. A handbook for assembly and operation is included with the package. This jet vacuum is lightweight and easy to operate. Simply put together the vacuum cleaner and attach it to your yard hose.
How to assemble:
Screw the pieces with threads on them together to form the handle, then insert the plastic locking key into the only hole it fits into, ensuring that the blue object with wheels that you just screwed the handle into is attached to it. Take the bag and tie it to the largest hole on the other blue item. The only thing left to do is connect to the water pipe. It’s a straightforward push-and-release mechanism.
Hot water tubs are quite tricky to maintain and require cleansing of the water and the filter cabinets on a weekly basis. This is because of huge chances of bacterial or fungal contamination. But if taken care of adequately, they are quite simple to manage.
Since improper care may lead to bad odor and infections borne through the bad water system, maintaining proper hygiene while cleaning and handling hot water tubs is very important.